Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Autumn has such a nice ring to it

Fall is one of the best times of the year to run. Besides bringing a new pallet of colors into view, the late morning temperatures are more than bearable, they are pleasureable. The sun shines as often as in the summer but isn't as intense. The wardrobe options are plentiful because the weather usually only requires a t-shirt and shorts. Yes, fall allows you to sleep in on a Saturday morning without worrying if you have a heat stroke during your run.







So, that's what I did. I slept in on Saturday, started cooking a bushel of apples on the stove for applesauce and headed otu for a barefooted run. It was glorious. I gave it two big toes up for being just about the best weather ever.




Yesterday, I walked by a woman at the airport who was wearing a Chicago Marathon shirt and I could see the ribbon of her metal around her neck. I looked her straight in the eye and said, "Great Job." She thanked me.









No comments:

Post a Comment